As a 21st century library, we are and strive to be more than just a storeroom for books. We offer programs and services to help meet the needs of our community, and we are always open for suggestions on ways we can serve you better. Some of our current services include:
- Free internet access: We have seven patron computers available for general public use (subject to our Internet Use Policy) and two Early Literacy Stations for children. We also have free wireless internet throughout the library if you choose to bring your own laptop or mobile device. NEW: and we have WiFi hotspots patrons (age 18+) may reserve and check out for a week at a time!
- Copying/printing, scanning and faxing: We have a public use copy machine/printer available at a nominal fee of 10 cents a page for black and white and 25 cents for color. Faxing is available for $1 a page. Library staff will scan a reasonable number of documents to email or USB storage at no charge as time permits. For scanning, please call ahead if possible.
- Home delivery: For those unable to get to the library, we will bring the library to you! Contact the library if you are interested in having books delivered by calling (620.327.4666) or emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org). We also are able to help select and prepare books for individuals who send others to the library to pick up their books.
- Community Room: Our community room may be reserved for free by any community member or group, during or outside of library hours, except for commercial/for-profit business events. The room’s legal capacity is 32 persons with tables and chairs, or 67 with chairs only. There is an attached accessible restroom with changing table, plus an additional sink and mini-fridge. Contact the library to ask questions or to schedule a reserve.
- Study Rooms: We also have two smaller enclosed study rooms which may be reserved for individuals or small groups.
- Schowalter Villa and Hickory Homes libraries: We provide a rotating collection of fiction and nonfiction, regular and large print books to these locations.